6 Stepping Out Essential Commodities To Be Better Safe Than Sorry - BW HEALTHCARE WORLD - By Manisha Reetesh Dhingra
What items are crucial to staying safe and sanitised from top to bottom? Don't sweat; we got you covered!
After months of lockdown restrictions and limited communication channels connecting the outside world, things are gradually getting back to normal. Slowly but surely, markets are reopening, transportation facilities are back in order and most importantly, our favourite restaurants and cafes are operational again. Having said that, it is imperative to understand that even now, there's a possibility of COVID-19 reviving again. On top of that, the number of people suffering from throat infections and viral fever is rising rapidly.
However, there's no need to panic or feel disappointed. Today people, in general, are far more prepared and informed than before, but don't let over-excitement and enthusiasm distract you from taking full precautions. For instance, forgetting the wallet or mobile phone at home can sometimes become a grave mistake. However, under the current circumstances leaving home without essential stepping-out items can be more dangerous. So the question is, what items are crucial to staying safe and sanitised from top to bottom? Don't sweat; we got you covered!
Here is a curated list of 6 key products that one should definitely carry before stepping out from their safety net aka home:
1. Hand Sanitiser: Whether you are touching a shopping cart, grocery bags, doorknobs, elevator button or travelling through bus, car or metro, it is necessary to always carry a hand sanitiser with over 65 per cent alcohol content. Hand hygiene is the first line of defence against COVID-19. Thus, keeping hands clean at all times is absolutely crucial. And, since washing hands with soap and water is not always feasible, it's better to keep an adequate hand sanitiser to stay safe and healthy. Opt for a hand sanitiser that is infused with natural ingredients like Aloe Vera as it protects the skin and keeps it moisturised.
2. Masks: According to a recent study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), masks are like shields preventing respiratory droplets from reaching others and vice-versa. This clearly indicates that wearing a mask is pivotal for the safety of everyone. Therefore, always opt for a 3-ply surgical or an N95 mask and prevent transmitting infection through respiratory droplets. Also, since overuse a mask can do more harm than good, always carry a spare mask while going out for more than a few hours.
3. Disinfectant: Whether you are travelling short-distance or long, carrying a disinfectant is a must. You can clean the seat, handbrake, steering wheel or other surfaces that you need to touch frequently. One can also clean cell phones, laptops and other such items, which are likely to carry tons of bacteria and pathogens.
4. Tissues and disinfectant & makeup remover wipes: COVID or not, these three items should always be carried while going out. Tissues and wipes are multipurpose. You can use them to cover while coughing or sneezing, cleaning sweat and dirt off your face, removing makeup and wiping door handles or similar surfaces. Carrying a box full of tissue, hand and surface wipes pack infused with alcohol content, and makeup removing wipes can reduce exposure to harmful bacterias and viruses.
5. Pocket hand wash: No amount of sanitiser can replace the satisfaction you feel after washing your hands thoroughly with water and hand wash solution. So carry a compact hand wash and keep your hand hygiene intact.
6. Homemade food and water bottle: Though many people are excited about restaurants and cafes operating in full swing again, it is still advisable to carry homemade food. In addition, carrying a water bottle is vital to stay hydrated, especially in this sweltering and sultry heat. Relying on packaged water bottles, water coolers and frequent junk food, particularly in the current circumstances, can negatively impact on your health and immune system.
Apart from the aforementioned essential products, maintain a healthy diet and fitness routine to stay safe and energised. Always remember, prevention is better than cure. So, step into the outside world with a bag full of pocket-size weapons against viruses, pathogens and harmful bacteria.